¿Qué es la estenosis del canal?
Canal stenosis is a condition that described the narrowing of the spinal canal, which can compress the nerve root or spinal cord. Due to the pressure on these sensitive structures, a variety of symptoms can develop depending on where the condition occurs, causing difficulties with keeping balance, irregular sensations, and loss of coordination. Furthermore, symptoms of pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness can occur, which may be alleviated by stretching exercises described below.
Targeted Stretched To Relieve Your Pain and Discomfort
The following targeted stretching exercises for canal stenosis can help to increase your flexibility, relieve pain, and take the pressure off your nerves:
1. Knees to Chest. Lie down on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Then bring your knees to your chest until you feel a stretch in your lower back.
2. Forward Bend. Sit back on your heels. With your arms out in front of you, stretch them forward and lower your chest toward the floor.
3. Back Bend. While standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, put your hands on your lower back and push in, pressing your lower back toward your belly button. Then bend your back and look toward the ceiling.
4. Side Bend. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and slowly bend to the side to the point that you feel comfortable. Hold this position and then breath, relieving the pressure from the spine. Repeat the same stretch on your opposite side.
5. Pelvic Tilt. Lie down on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Next push your belly button toward your spine and tilt your hips up. Hold this stretch and then return to the starting position.
Perform each stretch for three to five minutes and hold the position for 30 seconds. Be sure to also consult your doctor prior to beginning a new stretching exercise to avoid exacerbating your condition.
Cuándo considerar la cirugía
If you do not find relief after several months of canal stenosis stretches are recommended, as well as alternative forms of therapy like pain medication, low-impact exercise, and epidural steroid injections, then BEST Health System may be able to help. As the leader in minimally invasive spine surgery, we can help you find relief from chronic neck or back pain. Contact us to learn more about the advantages of our outpatient procedure.
At BEST Health System, we offer a safer and more effective alternative to open spine surgery, as well as a lower risk of complications and a shorter recovery period. Through the use of a small incision that is muscle sparing, our highly skilled surgeons are able to remove the cause of the nerve compression, thereby providing you with lasting relief from your symptoms. To find out if you are a potential candidate for our canal stenosis surgery, contacto nosotros hoy!